Banana Strawberry French Toast – Breakfast La Jolla
For the macerated strawberries: In a medium saucepan, combine the strawberries, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and 1/4 cup water and stir. Bring to a simmer, and then lower the heat and swirl. Cook until the strawberries are soft (but not falling apart) and the liquid is syrupy, 7 to 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
For the Grand Marnier syrup: Combine the Grand Marnier, sugar, orange zest, orange juice and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes until slightly thickened. Set aside to cool.
For the strawberry and banana stuffed French toast: In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, granulated sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Stir the cream cheese to soften, and then spread on 6 of the bread slices. Top each slice with a layer of the strawberries. Spread a thin layer of strawberry jam on the other 6 pieces of bread, and top each slice with a layer of the bananas. Place each bread slice with strawberries together with a bread slice with bananas to form 6 sandwiches. Press around the edges to seal.
Melt the butter in a nonstick saute pan (or flat griddle top) over medium-low heat. Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture for a few seconds on each side, allowing any excess to drain off, and then place in the pan. Cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Slice in half on the diagonal and serve topped with the macerated strawberries, whipped cream, toasted almond slivers and a good dusting of confectioners’ sugar. Drizzle with the Grand Marnier syrup.
Breakfast La Jolla find 3 different recipe that you can use
- Place bread slices in a large shallow baking dish. Combine eggs, milk, vanilla and baking powder; pour over bread. …
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. In a bowl, combine the strawberries, bananas, sugar and pie spice; pour into a greased 13-in.
- Arrange prepared bread on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Place bread slices in a 13X9 pan. Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, and baking powder in a small bowl. Pour over bread, cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. In medium bowl, combine sugar and pie spice. Mix in strawberries and bananas. Pour into greased 9X9 baking dish. Arrange prepared bread on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve on individual plates. Place toast first and cover with strawberry-banana sauce.
- Mix eggs, milk, vanilla extract and baking powder. Pour over bread to soak; turn to coat well. Cover.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix frozen strawberries, bananas and sugar in 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Top with soaked bread slices.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.